Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year-Week 8


Feliz Novo Ano!

We made it through another year! Things at teh CTM have been going well. President Degn didn't want any missionaries out on New Years so my final p-day got moved to today (wednesday). After the fireworks and canons I experienced the night before Christmas, I figured New Years was going to be really crazy. It might have been, but I have no idea because I went to bed that night and heard some fireworks and next thing I knew I was waking up the next morning. Someone must have put something in our brownies that night because none of the sisters in my room heard anything. (just joking about the brownies, but we really didn't wake up to anything)

So, last night someone pulled the firealarm...again. Yep, again. This is the second time in 2 weeks I think. Everytime people get crazy when the alarm goes off. I have no idea why. There is clearly no fire. I think next time I will just skip the evacuation and stay in my room. That is if there is a next time...

This week I am leaving Sao Paulo and traveling to Brasilia finally! I am really excited and nervous. I still don't know what to expect. I don't know where I am going area wise yet either. I don't know what day my pday will be either. So give me all the way through next week before you all start getting worried about not hearing from me. Not that you should ever worry... I am pretty sure I am in good hands.

Funny story of the week. In class our instructor split the district into two groups and gave us a desert scenario in which we had to put in order of importance a list of items that were available to use. After we would have to explain to the other group why we chose what we did. I could see that my group was having problems agreeing on what items were most important so I convinced them to just be funny and put the items in alphabetical order. They all were in and we decided that we would stay as serious as possible and give ridiculous reasons why we chose what we did. The other team was serious in their answers which made it funny because they couldnt understand why water was so far down on our list. They were so confused especially when we said we needed the water so we could wash our hands and faces. It was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment