Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 5


Bom Dia Familia!

2 Nephi 9:51 "Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy..."

Really good scripture that I think applies to many different things in life. Luckily I am certain that serving a mission is well worth my labor. This week has been really excellent for me. I think I spent way to much effort complaining about my companions in my letter last week... but, I think you guys must have really prayed for me because the next day we found out another solo sister was coming from Provo to join our district and break us up into two companionships. She is awesome. I think had I known her prior to mission life we would have been friends still. Her name is sis. Rasmussin. Going back to a duo with Sis. Timario was so easy. Planning and teaching lessons are so much easier. Now we have 4 sisters in our district and we balance each other out a little better. That means almost half our district is girls. Preview to the near future? I think so. Fun fact is that Sis. R is from Tennessee. Looks like Tennesses is playing a role in my mission after all!

In terms of Portuguese my progress speaking wise is slow still, but I understand a lot more. We got a new  instructor this week which was really exciting. She is a sister who literally just got done serving in Temple Square 2 months ago. Since I don't have a bunch of cool mission teaching experience to share yet, I thought I would share some things I have learned just at the CTM:

1. It is possible to love a person even if you don't like them. I know that might not make complete sense, but I think that to some it may.

2. Sign language is very valuable in communication. 

3. Mullet hunting is possible in Brazil. This week I have spotted two. One a female. That makes 50 points for me.

4. Salt water is the CTM doctor remedy here. When I was sick the doctor told me to snort salt water. I didn't do it... mainly because the directions said it could give the sensation of drowning which I didn't not desire at all. But, he also told a sick elder to gargle salt water, and this week he told sis. R to soak her foot in salt water. Super strange in my opinion. The whole situation.

5. I have survived over a month in skirts. I did not know that was possible.

Well life is really good. I am so grateful to be on a mission and I am especially thankful that the lord makes up for all of my shortcomings. I love you all and thanks for writing me! I sent off letters today!

Love, Sis. Hoopes

PS I forgot to tell jamie happy birthday on the email last week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

PSS I sent a group christmas letter to julia dallas monica morgan and shively to julias home.

No comments:

Post a Comment