Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Goodbye; I'm Fleeing the Country on Election Day

My vote is in. My bags are finally packed. My name tag is pinned to my shirt. I am an official full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint! I was set apart Sunday evening in La Grande by President Orton. My parents, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Heber and Brother Scrivner were all there for the momentous occasion.

Monday I spent my first day as a missionary and my last day at home up in the mountains getting wood with my dad and uncle Kenny. The weather was perfect, the mountains were beautiful, the smell of tree sap was quite desirable, and apparently the tree we got was perfect as well. All in all, it was a pretty great way to spend my last day in Oregon for a while.

It is 1 a.m. Tuesday morning as I write this. I have opted not to sleep tonight with the hope that I will be able to sleep during my travels. My dad and I are leaving in an hour (2 a.m.) to drive 2 hours to Boise so I can catch my early flight to Salt Lake City where I have a four hour layover. I will then fly to Atlanta, and following about a 3 hour layover there, I will catch my final 10 hour flight to Sao Paulo. Long and exciting. I should be arriving at 8:15 Wednesday morning. I am nervous, excited and a bit scared out of my mind!

I am sure I will have plenty of stories/exciting thoughts to share about my travels and about Brazil when I get to send my first pday letter! But for now I would just like to say sorry to everyone who I missed officially saying goodbye to. This last couple of weeks of my preparation has been a bit hectic. I love you all and I hope to get letters from you guys often! Alicia should be keeping up this blog with my current mailing address or letters can always be sent via dearelder.com!
Goodbye for now- Happy Election Day, GO VOTE, and stay awesome. See you all in18 months, but hopefully I hear from you sooner than that!

Sister Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment