Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 20


AHHHHHHH Hello Familia! 

So as I mentioned last week, I did get transferred. I am now serving in Ceilândia with another American, Sister Coombs. So far I love the area and Sister Coombs is awesome. The day of transfers was a blur and Sister Victorio and I got to visit only a couple of families before leaving. But, it is all good. My new apartment is huge compared to the one we had in Guará. We have another set of sisters that serve in the same ward that live with us. Sister Damiceno from Rio and Sister Melo from São Paulo. Sister Melo is fresh out of the CTM. This week has been crazy busy for Sister Coombs and I because we are both new to the area here and we are working on getting to know the members and the investigators that the sisters before us were teaching. The members here are also awesome. They really love the missionaries and they feed us way way way too much. But, I do love all the love and support we get from the members here in the ward. We really have worked a lot and  I am exhausted and really glad for a bit of rest that  I will get today! It has rained a pretty good amount, but I hear the rainy season is almost over, so that is a relief for me and my umbrella. I feel like I have some funny stories to share, but I cant think of many in this moment. So I will try to remember to write down all the funny things for next week. Easter here was also good. We didnt have any easter egg hunts which is unfortunate, but we did have lots of chocolate to eat. Anyway I am going to leave this letter a bit short, but life is good, the sisters that I am living and serving with are awesome and funny! I love you all and will strive to write better more inspired things for next time. =) 

Love you all, 

Sister Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment