Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 19


Hello Everyone!

So... I get to email today. I get to have my Pday too. I dont have much time, but I have a few interesting stories and pieces of information for you all. The most pressing news is that transfers (they were supposed to happen today) are going to happen tomorrow. The news of the transfer is that I will be leaving Guará and be getting a new companion. Tomorrow I will find out who my companion is and where I will be going! This is exciting, scary, and sad for me all at the same time. We were pretty certain that I would be staying here in Guará, but I guess we learned that things dont always end up how you think. This morning I started saying goodbye to folks and boy, it is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I think that today is going to involve a lot of crying. I really do love the people here. I think perhaps more than I realized.

Real fast I have a couple funny stories. 1. It rained a ton this last week. Tuesday was a particularly notable day because we left our house and seriously walked not even a block away when a bus passed us on the road and literally drenched us. It happened exactly how you would imagine in a movie. That was funny and embarrassing a little.

Another funny story of Tuesday is that we had a FHE planned with a Boliviano that lives here in Guará. We are teaching his cousin that lives with him. We got to their house and they had some other visiters. Jehovah Witnesses. Ha ha. That was awkward. I dont know exactly what is protocol in a situation like that but we left pretty quick. I thought it was pretty funny though.

I hope you guys enjoyed my awkward stories of the week and stay tuned until next week and I will let you all know where I am and who my companion is. Love you all,

Sister Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment